A fire blanket singapore is specifically a highly flame-resistant blanket that may be wrapped around a person to shield them or used to smother a small fire. Fire blankets are useful in any setting, but notably in flats, commercial kitchens, and student housing. When a fire occurs in its initial stages, fire blankets operate to deprive it of oxygen, thus extinguishing it before it spreads further
How are they made?
They are constructed of two layers of woven glass fiber cloth with an interior layer of fire-retardant film. They function by shutting off the oxygen supply and suffocating the flames (oxygen is one of the three ingredients required for a fire to burn).
Applying a fire blanket:
It is critical that you understand how to use a fire blanket correctly in case of an emergency at work or at home.
- Primarily, cut off the gas or electrical supply.
- Take the fire blanket out of its container and grasp it by the fabric straps.
- Wrap the upper edges of the blanket around your hands to shield them from burns on the hands and arms.
- Roll your sleeves up so they do not catch fire.
- Cover the flames carefully with the fire blanket, being sure to cover the whole area so that the airflow is thoroughly stopped off and the fire is extinguished.
Benefits of fire blanket:
As an extra bonus, fire blankets may be used to suffocate a person whose clothing is on fire. Because they are simple to use, they may be utilized immediately when it counts, saving a life. Of course, fire extinguishers are still necessary, but fire blankets are an excellent safety measure to have as well.